Benefit for Hamilton newborn set for Saturday
HAMILTON – All are invited to “Riding for the Blackstons,” a fund-raiser for Emerson LaClaire Blackston, on Dec. 8 at the Hamilton Community Center. The ride will consist of bicycles, tricycles and anything else without a motor (with the exception of motorized wheelchairs).
Volunteers will sell chili and hot dogs. There will also be a bake sale, activities for children and photos with Santa. Organizers Amanda Boyd and Renee Armstreet are optimistic that this event will be a great success.
“Hamilton is a small community, but when something happens we all come together to help a family in need. It is amazing to see what all has been done and to know that if something like this happens to me, the Hamilton community would come together to help me. We would love for everyone to come out for the benefit,” said Boyd.
Emerson LaClaire Blackston is currently at the University Medical Center after suffering from multiple birth defects yet to be diagnosed. All proceeds of Saturday’s fund-raiser will go to the Blackston family.
- Swinging Bats for Emerson benefiting cancer patient
- Benefit swings at funding, awareness for children’s hospital unit
- Cantrelle likes to experiment and create foods
- Crowdfunding means of working together to help friends and neighbors
- Tarter returns with Creatures of the Night show
- Lash loves cooking for large crowds
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...