Farm Service Agency accepting SURE applications
The Monroe County Farm Service Agency will accept SURE applications for 2011 crop losses through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides payments to producers when crop revenues are below the crop guarantee. The SURE payment is equal to 60 percent of the difference between the crop guarantee and revenue.
All crops on all farms of a producer are included in the calculation to determine the guarantee and revenue under SURE. SURE payments are limited to $100,000.
To be eligible for the 2011 SURE program, a producer must have at least one crop with a 10 percent production loss. In addition, the producer must have crop insurance on all insurable crops.
For crops not covered by crop insurance, such as pumpkins and cucumbers, the producer must have purchased coverage under FSA’s Non Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP).
For more information concerning 2011 SURE, contact the FSA office or visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov under Disaster Assistance Programs.
- Farm Service Agency releases crop information
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications
- Emergency conservation program for supplemental water ending Nov. 18
- County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
- Presley hosts utility savings program Monday
- Monroe County farmers eligible for FSA disaster loans applications
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...