Farm Service Agency accepting SURE applications
The Monroe County Farm Service Agency will accept SURE applications for 2011 crop losses through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides payments to producers when crop revenues are below the crop guarantee. The SURE payment is equal to 60 percent of the difference between the crop guarantee and revenue.
All crops on all farms of a producer are included in the calculation to determine the guarantee and revenue under SURE. SURE payments are limited to $100,000.
To be eligible for the 2011 SURE program, a producer must have at least one crop with a 10 percent production loss. In addition, the producer must have crop insurance on all insurable crops.
For crops not covered by crop insurance, such as pumpkins and cucumbers, the producer must have purchased coverage under FSA’s Non Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP).
For more information concerning 2011 SURE, contact the FSA office or visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov under Disaster Assistance Programs.
- Farm Service Agency releases crop information
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications
- County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
- Monroe County farmers eligible for FSA disaster loans applications
- Presley hosts utility savings program Monday
- Haney family balances businesses in Amory and Wren
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Earning records mistakes can be a big deal July 23, 2016
- Local independent film released on DVD July 27, 2016
- Smithville’s Russell back where it all started July 27, 2016
- Piece of local architectural history listed for sale July 28, 2016
- Aberdeen, Amory ports awarded MDOT multimodal grants July 28, 2016
- MCSO makes sale of controlled substance arrest July 29, 2016
- Area towns participate in tax-free shopping July 29, 2016
- Cruisin’ Amory ignites touch of teenage nostalgia July 29, 2016
- Back to School Bash ushers in start of new school year July 29, 2016
- Supervisors discuss possible improved means of VFD communication July 29, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....