Greenwood Springs Post Office to have reduced daily hours
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – Beginning either Jan. 12 or Jan. 26, the Greenwood Springs Post Office window hours will be reduced to only two hours each day.
According to Dana Amos, manager for post office operations for the area, officials have not decided on how those two hours will be scheduled each day.
“Our current window hours at the post office are from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.,” said Jill Dabbs, postmaster relief at Greenwood Springs.
In an effort to bypass closings of rural post offices, the U. S. Postal Service is reducing hours at 225 post offices across the country during the next couple of years.
Amos said that eventually the Prairie Post Office in Monroe County will have reduced hours, but it has not been decided when it will be changed.
Customers will still have access to their mailboxes in the post office lobbies when the windows are not open.
- Monroe County School District dismisses amid social media post
- Creative imagination and dreaming big helps put writer’s thoughts on the pages and on the screen
- State’s first Village Post Office serves Prairie zip code
- Students learn about non-traditional careers at the Amory Career Center
- Pearson’s legacy as Hatley principal coming to an end
- Prairie congregation returns to church home after year of repairs
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...