RAFCO supplies for mobile homes and more
NETTLETON – RAFCO Hardware and Mobile Home Supplies owner David Miller started out as a part-time employee for the business when he was 26 years old.
“I was working three days a week stocking shelves and helping customers. Through turnover, I became full-time. Meanwhile, Mr. Worthy had opened a heating and cooling store and put RAFCO up for sale. To keep someone else from coming in and turning it into something else, I bought it,” Miller said.
The Mr. Worthy Miller is referring to is Lavon Worthy who opened RAFCO in 1986. Originally a hardware store, Worthy decided to stock mobile home supplies. Having previously worked in the mobile home industry, he saw a market for it in this area. He was right.
“We have a niche with the mobile home supplies. The big chains like Lowe’s and Home Depot do nothing for the mobile home owner, but we do,” Miller said.
RAFCO is the only mobile home supply store in the area; the next closest one is 60 miles away. On any given day, Miller and his employees will see customers from Meridian; Lexington; Marion, Ark.; and Anniston, Ala.
Not only does RAFCO carry everything for the mobile home owner, the store has also expanded its inventory to cover everything from nails to hard-to-find power tools.
RAFCO also installs everything its sells, making the business a true full-service establishment.
“We take care of everything from plumbing leaks all the way to renovating a home to meet handicap standards. There is nothing we won’t tackle. Some of our service guys have been here longer than I’ve been alive,” Miller said.
The length of time some employees have been there is a testament to the kind of staying power RAFCO has been able to maintain, even through dips in the economy. When the economy forced people to do without, Miller’s focus was to help them maintain and improve on what they already possessed.
Miller and his employees always have one main goal, which is pleasing their customers.
“This store was built by the people in this community. We treat our customers like family because it’s really customer service that keeps a small business like us going. Most of our customers have my cell phone number and if they call in the middle of the night needing help, I open the store up and we take care of it.”
- Amory Marine a family business founded on recreation
- Tenn Tom Sports aims at supplying customers’ gun needs
- Baker’s Bait Shop reels in customers for 60 years strong
- Amory Glass has served area for 45 years
- M&W Butane Gas Co. helps keep county warm for four decades
- Another step to normalcy as grocery store opens in Smithville
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...