MCSO, NMNU make narcotics arrest
AMORY – The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit arrested an Amory woman Friday, Dec. 7 as part of an undercover narcotics investigation. Mary K. Prescott, 34, of Amory was charged with selling of a controlled substance on Highway 278. Judge Robert Fowlkes set Prescott’s bond at $25,000.
According to a press release from the MCSO, this undercover investigation into the sale of illegal narcotics has been ongoing for the past several months. Both the sheriff’s department and the NMNU have executed warrants beginning last week. The sweep will continue until all the suspects are in custody. According to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, the departments are planning seven more arrests in connection with this investigation.
- MCSO, U.S. Marshals run registered sex offenders compliance check
- Aberdeen man charged for sale of crack cocaine
- MCSO and North MS Narcotics Unit make six arrests
- MCSO seize large marijuana plants in ongoing investigation
- Aberdeen man changed possession of marijuana
- Okolona man faces narcotics charge
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Deli 802 offers fresh, simple food July 17, 2016
- Former Amorian’s art on exhibit in Corinth July 21, 2016
- Pokemon Go fever catches on in Monroe County July 21, 2016
- National oppression brings local support for the boys in blue July 21, 2016
- Harmon releases new music video July 21, 2016
- Amendments made to Monroe County School District Athletic Code of Conduct July 23, 2016
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Earning records mistakes can be a big deal July 23, 2016
- MCSO arrests man on parole violation July 22, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen take port director request under advisement July 22, 2016
- Inaugural Aberdeen Bulldog Festival planned for Saturday July 22, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....