School district tax millage decreases
AMORY – During the Monroe County Board of Education’s regular-scheduled meeting Dec. 4, Superintendent Scott Cantrell told the board that the tax millage for the school district from 2012 to 2013 had decreased by 1.28 mills.
“Our district is excited to hear that the tax levy directly attributed to the school district request has decreased. As a board and administrators, we realize that one of our responsibilities is to be as fiscally lean as possible without negatively affecting student performance,” Cantrell said.
In other business the following were approved:
• Resignation of Patricia Horne, Pre-K teacher.
• Recommendations of Blair Young, Smithville ISS, and Joe Camp, ALC part-time custodian.
• Second approval of Vocational Center policy concerning shop equipment and safety checks.
• Substantial completion of Smithville High School building and 4-5-6 building.
• Amended district policies due to 2012 legislature session amendments.
• Section 16-12-17 timber thinning project bid.
• Aluminum bleacher tops to replace wood bleacher tops and foot boards on softball and baseball fields at Hamilton, Hatley and Smithville.
• Discussion of economic aspects of student drug testing program, should the district possibly decided to enter into a program. No action was taken.
The next scheduled meeting is set for 5 p.m. on Jan. 8 at the Monroe County Government Complex Center.
- School district saves energy through Ameresco project
- Monroe County School Board rescinds $10 million bond resolution
- 2012 in review
- Amendments made to Monroe County School District Athletic Code of Conduct
- School board plans yearly campus visits
- Supervisors offer support for additional school resource officer
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...