Ashley’s Children’s Boutique keeps children’s sizes in style
ABERDEEN – As long as most people can remember, the store at 130 East Commerce Street has been Aberdeen’s go-to source for children’s clothing. The signage has ch
anged from Tots to Teens to Em’s to Ashley’s Children’s Boutique and Gifts throughout the years, but the service, in a sense, has remained the same.
“My sister-in-law owned it when it was Em’s and I’d come here all the time to help and I’d go to market with her. When she and my brother moved, my mother and I bought the merchandise,” said Ashley Patterson, who has co-owned Ashley’s Children’s Boutique and Gifts with her mother, Billie Anne Mitchell, since 2011.
Mitchell wanted to enter into the venture as a job for her retirement years. Patterson juggles the store with a part-time nursing job at Pioneer Community Hospital.
She can’t really say how many solid employees she has since the business is a family affair with her cousins and aunts and father and husband helping in different aspects.
From markets in Dallas and Jackson, she picks out items for boys and girls guaranteed to turn heads.
“We’ve got playful clothing, traditional smocking, new vintage styles and everything from casual wear to dressy church clothes. When I go to market, I try to pick out clothing shoppers can’t find anywhere else around here,” Patterson said.
Patterson said her store is one of the first around here to stock Under Armour for children. Other brands Ashley’s Children’s Boutique and Gifts carries include Mustard Pie, Persnickety and Miss Tee V-U’s. The store also carries collegiate items such as socks, hair bows, scarves, pillows and stockings so even the youngest of children get an early jump on team spirit. Items like bow ties, suspenders and fedoras give the boys a chance to dress in style.
Although Ashley’s currently stocks clothes for infant to size 16 now, the store will launch a tween section in the spring to cater to a slightly older demographic.
The store also carries shoes, gift items, diaper bags and backpacks as well. It also has a gift registry for expecting mothers.
Name: Ashley’s Children’s Boutique and Gifts
Owners: Ashley Patterson and Billie Ann Mitchell
Year opened: 2011
Number of employees: 2
Physical address: 130 East Commerce Street
Phone number: 369-1668
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Flora’s collection has a passion for fashion
- Renasant Bank makes $479,600 bid for River Birch
- High Street Community Center workouts free
- Aberdeen, Amory Angel Trees help provide for Christmas
- Last minute push needed for Aberdeen Angel Tree adoptions
- Aberdeen kicks off holiday season with Christmas Open House
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...