Harris focuses on preventative health care for patients of all ages for at P and S Clinic
AMORY – Preventive health for women is key to taking care of her patients for Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Alison Harris at P&S Clinic Obstetrics & Gynecology.
“In nurse practitioner school, I discovered I really liked women’s health and the opportunities for preventive health and keeping women healthy,” Harris said.
Harris said she can see patients of all ages and for any problem. She does not deliver or do surgeries, but in all other areas she can see patients the same as the doctors do.
“Being able to help people is very important to me. Preventive health is a top priority when ladies come in for their annual yearly exam and we can talk about how to help them have better health,” Harris said.
Harris received her RN degree in 1999 and her CFNP degree in 2008, both from Mississippi University for Women. She has previously worked at P & S Clinic, left in May 2012 and returned in October.
“I am pleased to be back in Amory. I work with an outstanding group of doctors and learn something everyday from them and my patients. I love forward to advancing my career in women’s health here,” Harris said.
Harris is now accepting patients, both new and former, at P & S Clinic.
She is also a clinical instructor for Mississippi University for Women and Delta State University.
Harris and her husband, Jeff, live in Caledonia, and have two children, Hunter and Hailey.
- Program serves underserved, underinsured candidates
- Amory’s newest OB/GYN no stranger to the area
- Creative imagination and dreaming big helps put writer’s thoughts on the pages and on the screen
- Gilmore Memorial to host wellness luncheon and fashion show
- Alternative clinic focuses on treating whole person
- Preferred Pediatrics welcomes new nurse practitioner Bailey
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...