Christmas decor right at your door
AMORY – Charity Young Gallop has always had a flair for decorating. Her mother once mentioned that she should decorate other people’s homes for Christmas.
“I just thought she was being partial. You know how people don’t listen to their mothers,” Gallop said.
One of Gallop’s friends said she had several Christmas parties coming up and asked if she could decorate her house for the holidays.
“Afterwards, she told me I should be doing this for others. Since my mother had suggested it and now this friend, I decided I would see how it would go,” Gallop said.
Gallop created her Christmas Decor Right At Your Door Facebook page in early November, posted pictures and the response has been phenomenal eversince.
Some of the people are ill and not able to decorate as usual, or some work and have hours that don’t allow them to get their decorating done.
“People just leave out their
Christmas decorations in the morning and when they come home in the evening, the house is decorated and waiting for them. I love doing this for people and making them happy. The best thing for me is if I am still working when they come home and I see their faces when they see their house,” Gallop said.
Gallop said she plays Christmas music and brings a Christmas smell with her when decorating to provide an even more festive feel.
“I did my Christmas decorating Thanksgiving week because I thought I might be so tired of decorating that I wouldn’t want to decorate at home. It’s more fu
n to do someone else’s house,” Gallop said.
She suggests tips for holiday decorating such as using lots of lights and greenery. She likes to use both on mantles, trees and tables. She said to then add color with ribbon, fabric, and ornaments. Decorating in clusters is another thing she likes to do.
It takes a least a full day to decorate a house. Gallop’s prices are very reasonable and she will decorate either a tree or the entire house.
She said she also vacuums and cleans up after she is finished as there is always glitter and other items that fall on the floor.
“I am thankful God has given me this talent to help others. It’s a blessing to help others by taking some of the stress off them,” Gallop said.
To find out more about Christmas Decor At Your Door, Gallop can be contacted at 256-6794.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- East Amory elementary students animate wax museum project March 21, 2017
- Tigers strike early to top Blue Devils March 23, 2017
- Lady Panthers ride early lead to beat Lady Feds March 23, 2017
- Dollars for the Depot helping Aberdeen Main Street depot project March 24, 2017
- Amory named as one of Mississippi’s safest cities March 24, 2017
- Amory police make aggravated domestic violence arrest March 27, 2017
- Save Aberdeen Landmarks campaign trying to curtail litter bugs March 27, 2017
- River Bend Baptist Church hosts sixth wild game feast March 26, 2017
- Legislative update: March 22, 2017 March 25, 2017
- Nettleton woman charged with false reporting of a crime March 24, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...