Gilmore pioneers in general surgery robotic procedure
AMORY – Gilmore Regional Medical Center recently became the first hospital in Northeast Mississippi to perform a general surgery procedure with the daVinci robotic surgery system.
“We are extremely proud to be the first hospital in our area to expand the benefits of minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery to those patients who need general surgery. We are excited that the surgeons at Gilmore are committed to providing our community with the best medical care possible,” said Dwayne Blaylock, chief executive officer of Gilmore Regional Medical Center.
Surgeons must complete specialized training to perform surgery with the daVinci surgical system. Gilmore Regional Medical Center has performed daVinci robotic surgery for gynecological and urological procedures for the past 18 months, but is the first hospital in Northeast Mississippi to offer daVinci surgery for general surgery procedures.
Some of the general surgeries that can be performed with the daVinci system include gallbladder; hiatal and other hernia repair; and colon resections.
The daVinci system allows Gilmore’s surgeons to perform medical procedures that are usually done either laparoscopically or with larger incisions, with a greater accuracy and fewer complications.
For patients this means less pain and blood loss and a shorter recovery time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...