APD looks to shut down Walker Union Hall parties
ABERDEEN – An incident during the weekend put an Aberdeen man in the hospital following a shooting at Walker Union Hall.
“One juvenile went to the party and had words with the guys out front. They threw him to the ground and he came up shooting,” said Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle.
The partygoer who was shot was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle after being struck in the thigh with a bullet from a lower caliber handgun.
“As far as I’m concerned, Walker Union Hall is officially closed for these kind of parties. I can’t stop people from renting the building, but as soon as alcohol is served or they charge admission, I have grounds to arrest whoever is throwing the party,” Randle said.
Walker Union Hall has been rented out for several parties where the police had to intervene in years past.
“Since the Walker Union Hall’s owners don’t have a liquor license and nobody can legally charge money at the door to get into these parties, we can arrest whoever is responsible when it does happen,” Randle said.
- Randle: “I’m tired of being tired of juvenile crime”
- Shooting sends one to Aberdeen hospital
- Aberdeen Police Department seeks armed robbery suspects
- Aberdeen police arrest two for breaking and entering
- State official releases statement regarding Saturday shooting
- Juvenile arrested in connection to Aberdeen shooting
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...