Graphic designer among contestants on web-based reality show
WREN – Everything Colleen Conger has learned about building websites and digital design has been self taught. A chance encounter in the world of blogs and six years later, the local graphic designer is ready to learn from marketing gurus during her online reality show debut Monday.
“Prosperity’s Kitchen” is a 12-week series teaching online entrepreneurs how to market themselves while teaching collaboration.
“I hope that the show will inspire the people who have said they want to stay at home with their kids and start a business to actually do it. With the new economy, business is transitioning from brick and mortar to the internet,” Conger said
Conger heads up Digital Photo and Design, the web designer for such local entities like Amory Main Street, Aberdeen Visitor Bureau and Gilmore Regional Medical Center and the creator of Amory’s logo for its 125th anniversary.
In her latest endeavor, Conger and her two other teammates will participate in weekly challenges in areas like marketing research, search engine optimization and social media. One of her teammates is an entrepreneur who tried out for ABC’s “Shark Tank” twice and the other is a self-help coach.
Each week, teams work to complete marketing tasks reviewed by industry professionals.
“We’ll be coached by professionals who truly want us to succeed instead of people who are just out looking to make money from giving lessons. With the show, it’s not a dog eat dog competition, it’s a dog helping dog situation. By the time it’s over, I hope to be more of an asset to my existing and potential clients. It’s all in the cycle of paying it forward,” Conger said.
The show features other everyday people from different professional backgrounds and international locations.
“I think that’s what the show wants to spotlight. You don’t have to have an MBA from Harvard, you just need a passion for what you do,” Conger said.
Some of the other contestants have done everything from create businesses for tap shoe ties to write resourceful blogs about traveling the world with a family of seven.
“Prosperity’s Kitchen” debuts Monday and runs until April 22. The series will stream live at noon each week on its Youtube channel and website,
For more information about Conger, you can visit her website at www.digitalphotoanddesign.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...