Chris Brown Appointed to House Committee on Public Health
Jackson – State Representative Chris Brown (R-District 20) has been appointed by Speaker of the House Phillip Gunn to serve on the very important Public Health Committee. “This appointment recognizes Representative Brown’s dedicated service and his value as a leader who understands the challenges and opportunities facing Mississippi,” said Speaker Gunn. According to Sam Mims (R-McComb), chairman of the Public Health Committee, “It’s an honor to have Chris join the committee. He will be an asset to me and to our state.”
“I am pleased to receive this assignment and will do my best to fulfill the significant responsibilities that come with the job,” said Rep. Chris Brown. Representative Chris Brown also serves on Agriculture, Conservation and Water Resources, Medicaid, Transportation, Ways and Means.
The Mississippi Small Business Regulatory Committee is charged with stream lining regulations on small businesses. It is a Committee that was formed by legislation in the 2012 session and was promoted by Governor Phil Bryant. This committee is important in our efforts to attract and keep small businesses in the state. I look forward to working with the Governor and members of the committee to help bring more and higher paying jobs to Mississippi and District 20.
Rep. Brown has served District 20 (Monroe and Lowndes Counties) since last year. He is also a member of the Agriculture, Conservation and Water Resources, Medicaid, Transportation and Ways and Means Committees.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...