Grayson to be guest speaker at annual chamber banquet
ABERDEEN – The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce will host its annual banquet on Monday March 4, at 6:30 p.m. at the American Legion in Aberdeen.
Featured speaker will be Walt Grayson. He has been employed by Jackson television station WLBT since 1984 and takes viewers on a “Look Around Mississippi” weekly.
In addition, he is the host of Mississippi PBS’s “Mississippi Roads” program. His hobbies include collecting records and working on old radios, as well as writing and photography.
Grayson is his own videographer for his “Look Around Mississippi” stories. He also writes a monthly newspaper article for the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi and is the author of three books: Jackson the Good Life, Looking Around Mississippi with Walt Grayson, as well as Looking Around Mississippi Some More! With Walt Grayson.
These books, as well as his CDs, will be available for purchase at the banquet.
Grayson has also been inducted into the Associated Press of Mississippi Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame.
Entertainment will be provided by ArtWork.
Awards for Business of the Year, Industry of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, and Community Focus will be presented at the banquet.
The South Monroe County Create Foundation will again host a silent auction during the banquet.
Tickets for the banquet are $25 for adult and $10 for students. They can be purchased by calling Kelly Martin at 256-7194 or Kathy Lusby at 369-6488.
- Grayson featured as guest speaker for Chamber banquet
- Grayson speaks about our own backyard at chamber banquet
- Rimmer Trucking offers service to Midwest and southeastern states
- Poet, motivational speaker guest for February Booklunch
- Scaggs named new chamber of commerce director
- Amory Marine a family business founded on recreation
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...