Three Rivers assists with financing to Townhouse Home Furnishings
ABERDEEN – Three Rivers Planning and Development District representatives Randy Kelley and Mitch Montgomery signed a leasehold deed of trust during an executive session of Friday’s board of supervisors meeting, offering financial security for Townhouse Home Furnishings.
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce director Tony Green said the move will offer financing and refinancing on existing debt on Townhouse.
According to board attorney John Creekmore, in the event Three Rivers forecloses on the main warehouse of Townhouse, the county will give a 24-month grace period to sell the building without charging Three Rivers any money on the building.
In other business, the board approved:
-An order declaring tax sale on real property to West Kemper Farms, Inc. void and directing the chancery clerk and tax collector to void the same on the ‘Land Sold for Taxes Roll’ of said county and further authorizing and directing tax collector Pat Birkholz to refund tax amount paid by the above named out of the general fund of Monroe County.
-An order receiving, approving and filing on minutes copy of Community Development Block Grant program economic development grants – job report, as signed by chancery clerk to a CDBG project for building renovations for Holley Performance Products, LLC.
-An order receiving, approving and filing on minutes copy of request for cash in the amount of $2,500 to the Mississippi Development Authority, as executed by the board president in regards to Holley Performance Products, LLC for building renovations.
-An order receiving, approving and filing on minutes copy of the Mississippi Development Authority community services division recipient’s closeout documents, as executed by board president, in regard to a CDBG project regarding building renovations for Holley Performance Products, LLC.
-An order receiving and depositing Monroe County rubbish disposal industrial dumping receipts for the month of December 2012.
-An order authorizing the board president to execute ‘assurance of compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, etc.’ to the U.S. Department of the Army Corps of Engineers.
-An order receiving, depositing and disbursing engineering fees for a state aid project on Wolfe Road totaling $16,095.55.
-An order receiving and approving updated list of all active school bus turnarounds used by the Monroe County School District and authorizing graveling and maintenance of the same.
-An order receiving, approving and filing on minutes copy of rental agreement between Monroe County and Canon Solutions of America in regard to leasing a fax board and print kit for use of the Monroe County Circuit Court.
-An order receiving, approving and filing on minutes copy of rental agreement between Monroe County and Canon Solutions of America in regard to leasing a copier for the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office.
-An order authorizing and directing payment of annual appropriation of $2,000 per post for the four Monroe County American Legion posts for fiscal year 2012-2013.
-An order approving Three Rivers Planning and Development District’s garbage bill write-off for the month of December 2012.
-An order receiving and filing report of annual inspection of Monroe County roads by the board of supervisors and adoption and filing the county’s four year road plan on the minutes.
-An order authorizing president to execute a lease agreement/maintenance contract between Monroe County 911 and Precision Communications in regard to the tower space rental on the south 911 repeater for $3,900 per year.
-A travel request for Monroe County Emergency Management director Bunky Goza and deputy director Donna Sanderson to attend the 2013 Mississippi Preparedness Summit in Biloxi.
-A travel request for Monroe County youth court officer Hunter Knight to attend the 38th annual Juvenile Justice Symposium and National Conference in Biloxi.
-A travel request for Monroe County circuit clerk Dana Sloan to attend a required SEMS redistricting training session in Jackson.
-A request for three hand-held radios to be used by the Monroe County game wards.
The board also took eight bids under advisement for the sale of four 2002 Caterpillar 4200 backhoe loaders.
- Supervisors discuss land swap for former county home property
- Chamber gets update on director, restructuring
- County rejects tax objections regarding certain Section 42 properties
- Amory School Board approves specifics for upcoming fiscal year
- Renasant Bank makes $479,600 bid for River Birch
- Amory School Board approves FY2014 budget
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...