Splash pad members brainstorm on fund-raising ideas
AMORY – The Frisco Park Interactive Water Feature Committee met on Friday, Jan. 25 to discuss fund-raising possibilities for an interactive splashpad to replace the current fountain in Frisco Park.
“We are at the point where we need to start raising funds and looking for corporate sponsorship,” said city accountant and grant writer Jamie Morgan.
The mission of the committee is to replace the current Frisco Park fountain with a more attractive fountain that can be enjoyed by children and adults both day and night.
“We want one that is simplistic, yet still fun and interactive,” said committee member Jack Campbell.
Some fund-raising ideas include a golf tournament, a 5K run and t-shirt sales.
The committee is also looking into selling remembrance bricks to help raise money for the fountain.
The project, handled through the Gilmore Early Learning Initiative, is still in the early stages of development and planning.
All donations are tax deductible and can be mailed to:
GELI, Inc., 203 Gilmore Drive, Amory, MS 38821
Pay to GELI Inc. Frisco Park Interactive Fountain Project or note the project in the check detail line.
- Amory looks for help in building splash pad for Frisco Park
- Frisco Park accommodating for splash pad construction
- Frisco Park water feature on schedule as JA splash pad effort in the works
- Grant makes huge splash for new Frisco Park water feature
- Amory awarded MML City Spirit Award
- New 4-way stop sign installed
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Even with Alzheimer’s, our folks live out loud October 15, 2016
- Teacher challenge engages students to help St. Jude October 20, 2016
- Shoe fundraiser helps transport of humane society dogs October 20, 2016
- MCSO makes separate drug arrests October 20, 2016
- Aberdeen man charged in Cooper Tire shooting; victim remains in stable condition October 20, 2016
- Annual Friends Walk brings back memory of lost friends October 22, 2016
- Football Previews: Week 10 October 21, 2016
- Lions’ rally comes up just shy to Eagles October 21, 2016
- Noles suffer lopsided loss on the road October 21, 2016
- Tigers’ injuries pile up in loss to Vikings October 21, 2016
- Judy Crump: Thanks for sharing this story. I lost my mother to...
- Kyle Adkins: Contact me Kyle Adkins about your project ....
- Dana Keeton Baxter: If you did not get a door hanger to tell you about...
- Lj2001: Do we know which "parts of Amory"? I have to set...
- Octavia Wells-Obama: sALAAM, 130+ #yourgovernmentmatters and 120+ cultu...