Splash pad members brainstorm on fund-raising ideas
AMORY – The Frisco Park Interactive Water Feature Committee met on Friday, Jan. 25 to discuss fund-raising possibilities for an interactive splashpad to replace the current fountain in Frisco Park.
“We are at the point where we need to start raising funds and looking for corporate sponsorship,” said city accountant and grant writer Jamie Morgan.
The mission of the committee is to replace the current Frisco Park fountain with a more attractive fountain that can be enjoyed by children and adults both day and night.
“We want one that is simplistic, yet still fun and interactive,” said committee member Jack Campbell.
Some fund-raising ideas include a golf tournament, a 5K run and t-shirt sales.
The committee is also looking into selling remembrance bricks to help raise money for the fountain.
The project, handled through the Gilmore Early Learning Initiative, is still in the early stages of development and planning.
All donations are tax deductible and can be mailed to:
GELI, Inc., 203 Gilmore Drive, Amory, MS 38821
Pay to GELI Inc. Frisco Park Interactive Fountain Project or note the project in the check detail line.
- Amory looks for help in building splash pad for Frisco Park
- Frisco Park accommodating for splash pad construction
- Frisco Park water feature on schedule as JA splash pad effort in the works
- Grant makes huge splash for new Frisco Park water feature
- Amory awarded MML City Spirit Award
- New 4-way stop sign installed
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Queen of Vinegar Bend talks area’s past, present and potentials of the future August 23, 2016
- Meadowood Baptist Church mission helps community August 23, 2016
- Photo released of suspected car thief August 23, 2016
- Well-known retired physician passes away August 24, 2016
- BancorpSouth renovation first step to consolidation August 24, 2016
- Bulldogs’ defense unable to contain Warriors August 25, 2016
- South Pontotoc strikes quickly against Lions August 25, 2016
- Lady Noles top Hatley in shortened game August 25, 2016
- Lady Lions find balanced hitting attack August 25, 2016
- Juvenile arrested in connection to Aberdeen shooting August 25, 2016
- cindy: Added an attractive and useful spot to our downtow...
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...