Monroe scores and roundup
(G) Water Valley 56, Amory 39
Kerina Harris with 17 points and Ashley Thompson with 10 points were both in double figures for Amory.
(B) Amory 66, Itawamba AHS 53
Amory continued a six-game winning streak and had three starters in double figures, led by Nick Beeks with 19 points. Jaylon Fair finished with 17 points, while Dario Robinson scored 14 points.
(G) Itawamba AHS 65, Amory 25
Miracal Jones led the Lady Panthers with 9 points in the loss. Itawamba’s Haley Gates led all scorers with 17 points.
(G) Hatley 68, Vardaman 57
Mollie Comer scored a season-high 22 points in the win, while Lachelle Vance scored 11. Vardaman had three in double figures led by Triden Rose with 16 points.
(B) Hatley 60, Vardaman 51
Hatley had four in double figures in the win, led by Jonathan Waycaster and Houston Woodman with 14 points each. Deion Hampton finished with 12 points, while Dru Stanford scored 10 points.
(B) Amory 78, Pontotoc 55
The Panthers won their fifth game in a row and their fourth division game. Dario Robinson led all scorers with 28 points, while Jaylon Fair with 15, Devin McIntosh with 13 and Nick Beeks with 11 were all also in double figures.
(G) Nettleton 47, South Pontotoc 35
Jabria Pounds led all scorers with 28 points in the win. C.C. Costilow scored a team-high 10 for South Pontotoc.
(B) South Pontotoc 67, Nettleton 63
South Pontotoc rallied in the fourth quarter for its second division win. Demetrius Thomas led all scorers with 19 points, while Chris Long was also in double figures with 15 points in the loss.
(G) Baldwyn 53, Hamilton 37
The Lady Bearcats handed the Lady Lions just their fourth loss of the season. Christy Willis finished with 12 points, while Alainey Hughes had 10 points in the loss.
(B) Baldwyn 98, Hamilton 41
Ben Seely led Hamilton with 14 points, while Ryan Roberts was also in double figures with 10 points.
(G) Mantachie 55, Aberdeen 30
Alexis Walker led the Lady Bulldogs with 11 points in the loss. Mantachie’s Maggie Oswalt led all scorers with 16 points.
(B) Aberdeen 89, Mantachie 34
The win marked the second division win in a row for the Bulldogs. Rico Haughton led all scorers with 17 points, making three 3-pointers. Jakeese Walker and Ken McCoy were also in double figures with 11 points each. Tomyze Buchanan finished with 3 blocks and 5 steals. Sammie Burroughs and Nick Sims had four steals each as the Bulldogs forced 31 turnovers.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Melissa Meador
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...