American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Monroe County Kickoff Rally
For the Monroe Journal
On Feb. 7, at 5:30 p.m., the American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Monroe County will officially get underway as event volunteers and participants gather at Community Bank in Amory for a kickoff rally to launch their fund-raising efforts for 2013.
The rally will feature how the community benefits from funds raised at Relay for Life while honoring cancer survivors. This event will also be an opportunity to register your team for the event to be held on June 14, at 6 p.m. at Frisco Park in Amory.
Relay for Life, the world’s largest grassroots fundraising movement, mobilizes communities throughout the country to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and provide participants with an opportunity to fight back against the disease.
If you think there is nothing you can do about cancer – you are WRONG! Come and join the Relay for Life in Monroe County by calling 315-1523 or visit RelayForLife.org/monroems. Everyone is also welcome at the Kickoff.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...