Man loses life in Saturday car accident
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – A Wren man died Saturday Feb. 16 as a result of a motor vehicle accident, according to a report from Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
According to the report, Randal ‘Shawn’ Phillips, 42, was traveling on Highway 8 East in a 1999 Chevrolet truck until he failed to stop at the stop sign at the intersection of highways 8 and 278.
Phillips struck a tree head on at 10:10 p.m. and was declared dead at the scene. Gurley reports the cause of death was from multiple trauma from the accident. According to the report, Phillips was not wearing a seatbelt and there were no other passengers in the vehicle.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...