Gilmore promotes heart health awareness
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is celebrating National Heart Month in February with its annual “Lady in Red” luncheon at noon on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at River Birch Place in Amory.
Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women. According to the American Heart Association, more women die of heart disease than of all forms of cancer combined. This means mothers, sisters and friends are dying at the rate of one per minute. The event will feature local women modeling the latest spring fashions from retailers in Amory and Aberdeen.
Following the fashion show, the keynote speaker will be Dr. Megan Schroyer.
A heart healthy luncheon will be served at no cost to attendees. Each participant will also receive a thank you gift for their attendance. The event is scheduled for one hour.
Pre-registration is requested by Feb. 22, by dialing 256-6002.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Board approves certified personnel hires April 24, 2017
- WTVA chief meteorologist visits Hatley Elementary School April 27, 2017
- LEPC meeting remembers April 27, 2011 tragedy April 27, 2017
- Amory golf finishes up strong week April 27, 2017
- Lady Noles top Houlka to officially clinch division title April 27, 2017
- Death, taxes and change are some of life’s predictable certainties April 30, 2017
- General aviation builds Mississippi April 29, 2017
- Amory man arrested, charged with ICE possession April 28, 2017
- Panthers pound Rangers for first-round win April 28, 2017
- Errors doom Lions in decisive Game 3 against Hawks April 28, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...