Aberdeen churches host Lenten Lunches series
Ash Wednesday last week marked the beginning of the season of Lent, the holy season leading up to Easter. Lent lasts for the following six Sundays and concludes during Holy Week on Maundy Thursday, March 28.
Throughout the season, local churches will host services during the Lenten Lunches series.
The following Aberdeen churches will participate:
The Rev. Truman Thompson of First United Methodist Church will be the guest on Feb. 20 at St. Francis of Catholic Church.
Father Brandt Dick of St. John’s Episcopal Church will be the guest Feb. 27 at St. Mark’s Methodist Church.
The Rev. Wayne Bruchey of First Presbyterian Church will be guest on March 6 at First United Methodist Church.
The Rev. Sue McGrew of St. Mark’s Methodist Church will be the guest at First Presbyterian Church on March 13.
Father Antony Chakkalakkal of St. Francis Catholic Church will be the guest at St. John’s Episcopal Church on March 20.
The Lenten Lunches series begins at 12:05 p.m. each Wednesday and each will conclude at 12:50 p.m. The suggested donation for lunch is $5.
Amory churches participating include:
First United Methodist Church on Feb. 20.
St. James United Methodist Church on Feb. 27.
St. Helen’s Catholic Church on March 6.
Restoration Sanctuary on March 13.
To be announced on March 20.
Amory’s lenten lunches series will last from noon until 12:45 p.m. each week.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Riverview Garden Club hosts annual Pilgrimage luncheon April 16, 2017
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office hosting drug take back program April 19, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...