Noles fall behind early to Troopers
HATLEY – A hot-hitting Mooreville club got going early at the plate on Friday night in a 14-3 win over Smithville at the Hatley Tournament.
Mooreville took a quick 7-0 lead after the first, and the Seminoles found themselves playing from behind afterwards.
“We didn’t locate tonight, and when we did, we didn’t make the play in the field,” Kerr said. “I don’t know how many errors we had, but if you count mental ones, it’s well over double digits. That’s just not Smithville baseball. That’s something we’re going to correct. We’re still looking for the right pieces.”
Brady Thompson added a run for Smithville in the bottom of the first, leading off with a single and scoring on a Mooreville error.
Neil Knight knocked in a run with an RBI single in the second, while Jacob Hughey added an RBI double in the third.
“Mooreville is a very good team, and the guy that pitched tonight is their No. 1 guy. The good thing is we have a lot of games coming up, so we’ll just get back after it and try to get better,” Kerr said.
Smithville picked up a 3-0 win over Vina on Thursday at the Hatley Tournament and a 9-8 home victory over defending 3A North champion Kossuth on Saturday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Melissa Meador
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...