Amory police charge two with aggravated assault after weekend incident
The Amory Police Department responded to an aggravated assault report on Saturday, March 9 at 1119 J Avenue in Amory after a call was received through Monroe County E911 as a hang-up call to 911 at 11:30 p.m.
According to a statement from the APD, officers were dispatched to check the residence. The man who answered the door at the home was bruised and bloody from an attack which included multiple stab wounds.
An ambulance was called to transport the victim to the hospital while officers started the search for the suspects. The victim was able to identify two men who had attacked him.
Both the suspects were taken into custody by Amory police March 10. The victim was treated and released at the North Mississippi Medical Center.
Roderick R. McKissick, 37 of Amory was arrested by Amory Police Department and charged with aggravated assault.
Kelvin L. Spratt, Age 36, of Aberdeen was arrested by Amory Police Department and charged with aggravated assault.
Bond for both men was set at $25,000.
- Monroe football previews: Week 11
- Amory police arrest two on separate charges
- Shannon woman charged after running over husband
- Woman charged with embezzlement from Hamilton business
- Amory man charged with aggravated assault following apartment shooting
- Aberdeen Police Department seeks armed robbery suspects
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...