Bikers Follow the Underground Railroad Route to Canada
Mary and Bob Coffey, along with Sam Haller, came through Amory last week on an Underground Railroad Bike Tour stretching from Mobile, Ala. to Canada. This is not the first cross-country trip for the adventurers who are doing the tour through Adventure Cycling, a non-profit group.
“We do get on some difficult roads, but we like to ride and stay fit,” said Mary who, along with husband Bob, is about to turn 70.
The crew professed an enjoyment of meeting new people and getting an impression of the states as some of the reasons trips like this are so enjoyable.
- Local group of bikers participates in annual toy run ride
- Cleaning out the notebook of pieces, parts
- Pilgrimage’s 41st year proves to be a banner year
- Antebellum scenes, hospitality abound for pilgrimage
- CHANGE now a special project of CREATE Foundation
- Upcoming launch of nonprofit aims at changing cycle of poverty
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- County municipal leaders attend Mississippi Municipality League conference July 18, 2016
- National oppression brings local support for the boys in blue July 21, 2016
- Harmon releases new music video July 21, 2016
- Amory’s Thornton shining in the goal for UNA July 21, 2016
- City officials announce second Dollar General location July 22, 2016
- Justice for Animals movement encourages push for stricter laws July 25, 2016
- Students enriched through 21st Century program July 25, 2016
- Cruisin’ reunion artwork goes to benefit Amory Humane Society July 25, 2016
- Sargent grew up cooking with mother and grandmother July 24, 2016
- Amendments made to Monroe County School District Athletic Code of Conduct July 23, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....