Conservator approves ASD March agenda
ABERDEEN – For the March agenda of the Aberdeen School District, conservator Bob Strebeck approved the following:
– A congratulations to the Aberdeen High School All Superior band, Toni Reece, Kenneth Clay and Hope Maloney for earning a superior rating during the state band competition.
– Hiring of Elsie Lockett as substitute teacher for the 2012-2013 school year.
– Hiring of Johnny McMillian as part-time groundskeeper for the 2012-2013 school year.
– Hiring of James Young as part-time groundskeeper for the 2012-2013 school year.
– A district reimbursement to Title II for fourth grade teacher in school year 2012-2013 because of a citation that the fourth grade teacher ratio at Belle Elementary School was 28.67 to 1 (86 students, 3 district-funded teachers and one Title II-funded teacher in the amount of $41,234).
– A North Mississippi Education Consortium for Aberdeen High School professional development and training.
– An out-of-state field trip request of the AFJROTC to Huntsville, Ala.
– An ASD response to Mississippi Department of Education federal programs citation from October 2012 monitoring.
– The 2013-2014 ASD calendar.
- Monroe County schools release accountability ratings
- School board votes on long-term substitute teacher pay cut
- Laney named Teacher of the Year
- Cook’s prediction of PARCC testing ahead of MDE’s move to change
- Belle Elementary School renews Partners in Education commitment
- Aberdeen budget hearing yields no millage increase
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aberdeen aldermen approve resolution in conjunction with Pioneer bankruptcy case March 16, 2017
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Amory School Board eyes accountability and accreditation March 20, 2017
- Nettleton School District kicks off energy revitalization initiative March 20, 2017
- Baucom keeps striving for her spot on ‘The Voice’ March 20, 2017
- Two arrested on possession charges March 22, 2017
- Tigers pounce to top defending 2A champs March 22, 2017
- Panthers’ late rally against defending 3A champs falls short March 22, 2017
- Modern day disconnect: Rural areas dialed in to lack of high-speed Internet options March 22, 2017
- Jernigan named as new Nettleton School District superintendent March 22, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...