Amory relay team picks up bronze at state meet
For the Monroe Journal
The Amory swim team picked up another state medal on Saturday in Cleveland.
The boys’ 200-freestyle relay team, made up of Brock Balducci, Drew Huffman, Tucker Robbins and Walker Todd, took home the bronze medal at Saturday’s state championships. The group also placed fifth in the 200-medley relay.
The men’s team finished fifth overall while the girls placed ninth on the day.
The girls 200 freestyle relay team of Ashlee Parham, Kailee Bates, Cameron Tubb and Emily Pierce finished sixth, while the 400-freestyle relay team of Parham, Tubb, Pierce and Lauren Alford placed fifth. The boys 400 freestyle-relay team, consisting of Hayden Plunkett, Eli Black, Will Corley andSam Wilkerson, placed sixth.
In individual competition, Cameron Tubb placed 6th in the 50 freestyle in the preliminaries and finished in 7th overall in the finals and also placed 7th in the 100-freestyle.
Walker Todd placed fourth in the 50-freestyle and fifth in the 100-freestyle. Brock Balducci placed eighth in the 100-freestyle, while Tucker Robbins picked up a seventh-place finish in the 500-freestyle.
Other swimmers who participated in the preliminaries were Ashlee Parham, 200-freestyle, 12th place; Will Corley, 200-freestyle, 9th place; Drew Huffman, 50-freestyle, 12th place; Sam Wilkerson, 50-freestyle, 17th place; Hayden Plunkett, 50-freestyle, 20th place; Emily Pierce, 100-butterfly, 10th place; Tucker Robbins, 100-butterfly, 10th place; Ashlee Parham, 100-freestyle, 13th place; Hayden Plunkett, 100-freestyle, 10th place; Will Corley, 100-freestyle, 11th place; Emily Pierce, 500-freestyle, 12th place; Brock Balducci, 100-backstroke, 9th place; Sam Wilkerson, 100-backstroke, 12th place; and Drew Huffman, 100-breaststroke, 11th place.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Melissa Meador
- Judge makes rulings in pit bull case February 23, 2017
- Supervisors mull change in policies, people and places February 20, 2017
- Tupelo Community Theatre taking ‘Cicada’ to regional competition February 23, 2017
- Belle-Shivers shows its appreciation of Aberdeen School Board February 23, 2017
- Lady Bulldogs’ game plan leads to victory February 23, 2017
- Grow a high-yield vegetable garden this season February 26, 2017
- Aberdeen Garden Club hosts annual Valentine’s luncheon February 26, 2017
- Legislative Update: Feb. 22, 2017 February 25, 2017
- Amory, Hatley, Nettleton grab wins in jamboree February 24, 2017
- Baseball Panthers tie with Chargers in jamboree action February 24, 2017
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...
- Angie Atkins: Judge makes ruling in Pit bull case: Are you kiddi...
- Gene Ward: Remember, Goliath was a forty point favorite over ...
- Jamie August: Awesome article = is that correct ? only 2 staff m...
- John Nancy Bishop: What time is this on 18th? Want to be there!...