City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute
AMORY – In a follow up to an alley dispute among neighbors, the board has determined that the city has constructively abandoned the alley.
“If the board finds that the city has not used the alley in over 10 years, that constitutes abandonment and the property goes to the adjoining landowners,” said City Attorney John Creekmore.
The board approved a waiver request from Danny Sanders on the rental and deposit fee to use the National Guard Old Armory for the Cruisin’ Flashback Classic car Display and Sock Hop Aug. 23. All of the proceeds go directly back into the Old Armory Reborn fund through the CREATE Foundation.
In other business, the board approved:
• The appointments of Curtis Lewellen, Phillip Hathcock and Floyd Smith to the election commission.
• The appointments of Pam Caldwell and Kathy Nerren to the museum board.
In an executive session, Amory Code Enforcement Officer Russell Butler was granted permission to contact local businesses who are delinquent on their privilege licenses.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- What spins us through these long, never-ending summer days July 16, 2016
- Pokemon can’t make those problems go away, but it can distract July 21, 2016
- Former Amorian’s art on exhibit in Corinth July 21, 2016
- Pokemon Go fever catches on in Monroe County July 21, 2016
- National oppression brings local support for the boys in blue July 21, 2016
- Amendments made to Monroe County School District Athletic Code of Conduct July 23, 2016
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Earning records mistakes can be a big deal July 23, 2016
- MCSO arrests man on parole violation July 22, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen take port director request under advisement July 22, 2016
- Inaugural Aberdeen Bulldog Festival planned for Saturday July 22, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....