Here at the Monroe Journal, we are always looking for new ways to inform and entertain our readers. Sometimes we miss the mark, and it’s back to the drawing board. Sometimes we chew over an idea for years before really locking it down in print. Such is the case for our latest upcoming offering to […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – In a rare occurrence, resident James Pope was successful in getting the board of aldermen to grant his long-awaited zoning request as part of its July 19 meeting. Pope’s request to have his Tschudi Road property re-zoned from residential to commercial was originally denied by the city’s planning and zoning department before he […]
AMORY – If theologian Martin Luther was right when he said that music can calm the agitations of the soul, then a group loosely known as Words and Music are doing their part to put some good vibes back into the universe, or at least the city, on Sunday nights in Frisco Park. The time? […]
AMORY – The city was recognized at this year’s Mississippi Municipality Leauge 2016 Excellence Award Winners Conference in Biloxi with the City Spirit Award under 10,000 for the Frisco Park Interactive Fountain Project. The categories differentiate between populations more and less than 10,000. The City Spirit Award category is for groups of citizens who have […]
ABERDEEN – The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office will once again be able to house federal inmates, according to Monroe County Board Attorney David Houston during the July 8 board of supervisors meeting. The escape of a federal inmate from the Monroe County Detention Center in late May prompted the move of 29 such inmates by […]
AMORY – The Amory School Board approved the fiscal year 2017 budget during its July 7 meeting. In addition, the board also approved an ad valorem tax request of $3.2 million and a resolution authorizing the district to enter into a $1.1 million promissory note to go toward infrastructure, transportation and the refinancing of outstanding […]
AMORY – Monroe County Emergency Management Agency Director Bunky Goza addressed the board of aldermen July 5 to suggest an alternative to an earlier request made by residents Timmy and Pam Tartt. The board approved the Tartts request of renaming the Old Highway 6 Blackcat Bottom Road to the Carlos “B” Tartt Memorial Drive in […]
AMORY – The family of former Gilmore Foundation Director and local business owner Danny Spreitler has confirmed in a public statement released today that his death was a suicide. “Today my heart is hurting. My dad took his own life due to his struggles with depression. I am deeply saddened and will miss him dearly […]
- Pokemon can’t make those problems go away, but it can distract July 21, 2016
- Justice for Animals movement encourages push for stricter laws July 25, 2016
- MCSO arrests Hamilton man on possession charges July 25, 2016
- ICC now accepting nominations for Alumnus of the Year, Athletic Hall of Fame July 25, 2016
- Amory Regional Museum speaker discusses Negro League baseball July 26, 2016
- Smithville’s Russell back where it all started July 27, 2016
- Local independent film released on DVD July 27, 2016
- If you need some advice, Devy will help you out soon July 27, 2016
- Outlaws baseball tryouts to be held July 29, 30 July 27, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen approve consultant for potential economic opportunities July 27, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....