I’m so Aberdeen, I remember skateboard ramps, neighborhood capture the flag games and the rumble of go-karts and four-wheelers in the Treas Lake subdivision on summer days and nights like these. The Facebook flavor of the week right now seems to be people reminiscing about their hometowns and elements of years passed. Reminiscing with about […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster AMORY – Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster, 59, died Monday, Jan. 13, 2014, at his residence. Born April 7, 1954, in Laurel, Del., he was a son of Ervin Howl and Helen Hawkins Foster. A graduate of Hatley High School, he was of the Pentecostal faith and before becoming disabled, he worked […]
John Fairchild WEST POINT – John Grover Fairchild, 98, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born May 31, 1915, in Leake County, the son of the late Louella Martin and Lofton Marion Fairchild. He was a self-employed farmer and a member of Bible Baptist […]
Billy Frank Finley ALPHARETTA, Ga. – Billy Frank Finley Jr., 51, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his residence in Alpharetta, Ga. He was born July 24, 1962, in Aberdeen in Monroe County to Billy Frank Finley and Mary Armon Wood Finley. He attended Amory schools before the family relocated to Meridian. He graduated from […]
Jeanette Bailey AMORY – Jeanette Bailey, 85, passed away Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at her residence in Amory. She was born Sept. 2, 1928, to John Pargo Sr. and Clay Jane “Robinson” Pargo. She served the public as a super cook at Park Hotel Restaurant, Our Place Restaurant and Nibble Nook. She also served at […]
Rabon Hathcock DETROIT, Ala. – Rabon D. Hathcock, 75, died on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Born on Oct. 23, 1938, in Splunge, he was a son of the late Braxton G. and Mattie Silas Hathcock. He attended Smithville and Oak Hill schools. After 42 years of driving a truck, […]
Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden BECKER – Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden, 44, died Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Nov. 29, 1969 in Amory, she was the daughter of Verlon and Irene Fowlkes Willhite. She married Joseph Redden in 1991. A graduate of Hatley High School, she was of Baptist faith and […]
Cohen E. Robertson CLINTON – Cohen Everett Robertson, Sr., 91, died Sunday, December 1, 2013, at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center. He was born on March 22, 1922, in Millport, Alabama. He was a graduate of Aberdeen High School in 1941, and received a BS degree in business administration from Mississippi State University. He enlisted in […]
Wiley Garner BILOXI – SMSgt. Wiley D. Garner, U.S. Air Force, Retired., 85, of Biloxi, passed away on Nov. 29, 2013. He proudly served his country for 27 years in the U.S. Air Force retiring as a Senior Master Sergeant. He later retired from Ingalls Shipbuilding after 10 years. He was an active member of […]
- Sargent grew up cooking with mother and grandmother July 24, 2016
- Aberdeen, Amory ports awarded MDOT multimodal grants July 28, 2016
- New technology to give Amory police documentation more vantage points July 28, 2016
- Hidalgo gives insight on canine parvovirus and how to treat it July 28, 2016
- Dollar General moving into former Nettleton Walmart Express July 28, 2016
- Picking it actually is just as good as eating it fresh July 30, 2016
- Monroe County awarded MDEQ grant July 30, 2016
- Are unlimited printable coupons too good to be true July 30, 2016
- MCSO makes sale of controlled substance arrest July 29, 2016
- Area towns participate in tax-free shopping July 29, 2016
- Jackie Jackson: My great grandfather was Murray Thompson. Please ...
- JERR: The Marty Dean Kennedy is the Federal Prison in Ta...
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....