INGOMAR – Once the Smithville Seminoles’ bats starting clicking in the fourth inning against Ingomar, they were hard to stop. The Noles pounded the Falcons with a 13-6 win led by Jared Johnson’s three hits and Stuart Coggins’ five RBI, including a grand slam. “The kid from Ingomar was throwing strikes in there, and we […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
HATLEY – The Hatley Lady Tigers shut out the Aberdeen Lady Bulldogs in a pair of Division 4-3A contests on Monday night. Hatley won the first game 20-0 behind a perfect game from Jules Rimmer and the second game 15-0 behind a one-hitter from Rylee Bourland. In the first game, the Lady Tigers got RBI […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers did all the damage they would need in the second inning against a quality Caledonia team. Amory scored four runs in the second on its way to a 7-2 win over the Lady Feds on Friday afternoon. They lost earlier in the day 5-1 to East Webster. “We got […]
HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers had no problem getting their offense going against the Sulligent Blue Devils on Friday night. Hatley scored ten runs in the second and third innings on their way to a five-inning, 11-1 victory over Sulligent. “We have really started hitting the ball the last couple of days, and we’re going […]
MYRTLE – The Nettleton Tigers may have gotten their biggest win of the season thus far in the West Union Spring Break Tournament. The Tigers rode timely hitting and a solid pitching performance from senior Cameron Cruber to a 7-5 victory over defending 2A state champion East Union. “This is absolutely the win of the […]
SALTILLO – A final score of 7-4 doesn’t always indicate a pitching duel, but that was the case for the better part of the night as Amory and Aubrey Gillentine faced off against defending 3A champion Kossuth and Nikolas Wilcher on Thursday night at the Saltillo Tournament. Gillentine and Wilcher combined to strike out 23 […]
AMORY – Two Amory High School soccer players will join the roster of Mississippi University for Women’s first men’s soccer team for the 2017-2018 season. Seniors Ethan Gardner and Matthew Martin signed March 8 to join the Owls. “I’ve been playing for as long as I can remember,” Martin said. “Playing at the next level […]
AMORY – The Northeast Mississippi Community College basketball team officially picked up Amory High School senior Victoria Hale, who inked with the Lady Tigers March 8. “I grew up wanting to play college basketball but didn’t think it would actually happen,” Hale said. “I’ve always wanted to go to Northeast when I was young and […]
AMORY – After a slow start, the Amory Panthers built up a commanding 8-2 lead, but almost saw that disappear in the final two innings as they hung on for a 9-7 victory over the Booneville Blue Devils on a wet Saturday afternoon. The win was on the heels of a crucial Division 1-4A victory […]
- Monroe County Board of Education approves campus renovations March 20, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Rare state flag and constitution to be exhibited at museum March 23, 2017
- OWO action returns with lumberjack strap match March 23, 2017
- Tigers strike early to top Blue Devils March 23, 2017
- River Bend Baptist Church hosts sixth wild game feast March 26, 2017
- Legislative update: March 22, 2017 March 25, 2017
- Nettleton woman charged with false reporting of a crime March 24, 2017
- MCSO arrests four on separate charges March 24, 2017
- Noles pour it on offensively in road win over Falcons March 24, 2017
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...
- jwc1480: $50,000. Sounds 'bout right for gov'ment work....
- Joan Z Dufresne: Took the words right out of my mouth!! Well said!!...