By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal NETTLETON – The Nettleton Lady Tigers jumped out to a 7-0 lead against Smithville on Thursday night, but had to hold off a late Lady Noles’ run to earn an 11-7 win. Nettleton sophomore pitcher Katie Grace Payne had a no-hitter going for four innings against the Lady […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
HAMILTON – “It’s good to win this one,” Hamilton coach Lewis Earnest said after his Lions downed Louisville 13-1 last Tuesday. “We lost three in a row by one run, in the seventh inning.” Left-handed freshman Brady Davis threw nothing but strikes in the top of the first and sat the Cats down in order. […]
INGOMAR – Once the Smithville Seminoles’ bats starting clicking in the fourth inning against Ingomar, they were hard to stop. The Noles pounded the Falcons with a 13-6 win led by Jared Johnson’s three hits and Stuart Coggins’ five RBI, including a grand slam. “The kid from Ingomar was throwing strikes in there, and we […]
HATLEY – The Hatley Lady Tigers shut out the Aberdeen Lady Bulldogs in a pair of Division 4-3A contests on Monday night. Hatley won the first game 20-0 behind a perfect game from Jules Rimmer and the second game 15-0 behind a one-hitter from Rylee Bourland. In the first game, the Lady Tigers got RBI […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers did all the damage they would need in the second inning against a quality Caledonia team. Amory scored four runs in the second on its way to a 7-2 win over the Lady Feds on Friday afternoon. They lost earlier in the day 5-1 to East Webster. “We got […]
HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers had no problem getting their offense going against the Sulligent Blue Devils on Friday night. Hatley scored ten runs in the second and third innings on their way to a five-inning, 11-1 victory over Sulligent. “We have really started hitting the ball the last couple of days, and we’re going […]
MYRTLE – The Nettleton Tigers may have gotten their biggest win of the season thus far in the West Union Spring Break Tournament. The Tigers rode timely hitting and a solid pitching performance from senior Cameron Cruber to a 7-5 victory over defending 2A state champion East Union. “This is absolutely the win of the […]
SALTILLO – A final score of 7-4 doesn’t always indicate a pitching duel, but that was the case for the better part of the night as Amory and Aubrey Gillentine faced off against defending 3A champion Kossuth and Nikolas Wilcher on Thursday night at the Saltillo Tournament. Gillentine and Wilcher combined to strike out 23 […]
AMORY – Two Amory High School soccer players will join the roster of Mississippi University for Women’s first men’s soccer team for the 2017-2018 season. Seniors Ethan Gardner and Matthew Martin signed March 8 to join the Owls. “I’ve been playing for as long as I can remember,” Martin said. “Playing at the next level […]
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Back-to-back bass tournaments slated for Aberdeen Lake March 22, 2017
- River Bend Baptist Church hosts sixth wild game feast March 26, 2017
- Save Aberdeen Landmarks campaign trying to curtail litter bugs March 27, 2017
- Amory police make aggravated domestic violence arrest March 27, 2017
- Preliminary autopsy results in on Monroe County pilot March 29, 2017
- Autopsy: Pilot died of injuries March 29, 2017
- Smithville man charged with burglary of a dwelling March 29, 2017
- Dollars for the Depot fundraiser rescheduled March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...