Eagles Face Wheeler High
A close win and a disappointing loss were the outcomes of West Unions Friday night contest against Wheeler High School.
The boys played a strong game but were unable to shut down Wheelers shooting as they lost the game95-52.
Hunter McQuary and Ben Frazier Each had 14 points. The Eagles were outscored by at least ten points each period with the exception of the fourth where they stayed with in one point of Wheelers offense. The Lady Eagles had a little more productive night.
Solid shooting and good defense helped the Eagles keep the game close and come out with the 57-51 win.
We played very hard the whole game, that is something we have been working on. We want to play a full four quarter game every time we hit the court, head coach Andy Kirk said.
Camille Anderson was a driving force on defense all night as she shut down some of Wheelers top shooters to give her team the advantage they needed.
Camille (Anderson) did a great job on defense. She hung with their offense all night and made them work for everything they got, Kirk explained.
Our team had a good night. Carley and Kim both shot the ball well. We really came together and played well. Pre-season injuries have forced the lady Eagles to go into the depth charts to find players. Kirk is having to start some freshman.
We have some inexperienced players on the court and that is ok. We are working hard in practice to teach them and help them get better, Kirk said.
Carley Wilkerson had a big night scoring 22 points in the contest. Kim Jumper put 11 points through the hoop.
Carley (Wilkerson) was shooting the ball well. The main reason we were able to play such good offense is because we played such good defense, Kirk said.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...