Burress joins museum staff
The Union County Heritage Museum recently hired Janet Burress as a full-time staff member.
According to museum director Jill Smith, the much-needed addition of a new staff member was possible through the help of museum supporters.
Our collection has really grown, Smith said. Our attendance of people visiting has jumped and there is never a slow time anymore. We are grateful to have another full-time staff member and we appreciate the supporters who made it possible.
Burress, who loves shopping at antique stores and estate sales, is excited about working with people at the museum.
I have worked with people for the past 15 years in Tupelo and I enjoy getting to work in New Albany, Burress said. It has been exciting so far.
She moved to the Center community from Booneville five years ago and is currently a member of First Baptist Church, the Dogwood Hills Garden Club, American Horticulture Society and the Dixie Rose Club.
Burress graduated from New Site High School as valedictorian of her class. She also attended Northeast Community College, where she majored in accounting and computer technology.
She is the wife of Tim Burress, who owns Colors by Tim Body Shop and enjoys working on vintage vehicles. She has one son, Jeremy Moreland of the Troy community in Pontotoc and two grandchildren.
There is so much history that I didnt know about this area, Burress said. This is a great place to work.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...