Burress joins museum staff
The Union County Heritage Museum recently hired Janet Burress as a full-time staff member.
According to museum director Jill Smith, the much-needed addition of a new staff member was possible through the help of museum supporters.
Our collection has really grown, Smith said. Our attendance of people visiting has jumped and there is never a slow time anymore. We are grateful to have another full-time staff member and we appreciate the supporters who made it possible.
Burress, who loves shopping at antique stores and estate sales, is excited about working with people at the museum.
I have worked with people for the past 15 years in Tupelo and I enjoy getting to work in New Albany, Burress said. It has been exciting so far.
She moved to the Center community from Booneville five years ago and is currently a member of First Baptist Church, the Dogwood Hills Garden Club, American Horticulture Society and the Dixie Rose Club.
Burress graduated from New Site High School as valedictorian of her class. She also attended Northeast Community College, where she majored in accounting and computer technology.
She is the wife of Tim Burress, who owns Colors by Tim Body Shop and enjoys working on vintage vehicles. She has one son, Jeremy Moreland of the Troy community in Pontotoc and two grandchildren.
There is so much history that I didnt know about this area, Burress said. This is a great place to work.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...