Burress joins museum staff
The Union County Heritage Museum recently hired Janet Burress as a full-time staff member.
According to museum director Jill Smith, the much-needed addition of a new staff member was possible through the help of museum supporters.
Our collection has really grown, Smith said. Our attendance of people visiting has jumped and there is never a slow time anymore. We are grateful to have another full-time staff member and we appreciate the supporters who made it possible.
Burress, who loves shopping at antique stores and estate sales, is excited about working with people at the museum.
I have worked with people for the past 15 years in Tupelo and I enjoy getting to work in New Albany, Burress said. It has been exciting so far.
She moved to the Center community from Booneville five years ago and is currently a member of First Baptist Church, the Dogwood Hills Garden Club, American Horticulture Society and the Dixie Rose Club.
Burress graduated from New Site High School as valedictorian of her class. She also attended Northeast Community College, where she majored in accounting and computer technology.
She is the wife of Tim Burress, who owns Colors by Tim Body Shop and enjoys working on vintage vehicles. She has one son, Jeremy Moreland of the Troy community in Pontotoc and two grandchildren.
There is so much history that I didnt know about this area, Burress said. This is a great place to work.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...