Shirley Rodgers, 71
Shirley Rodgers, 71, of Baldwyn, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at her home. She was a homemaker and a member of Parkview Baptist Church. She enjoyed flowers, gardening, and playing with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Services were at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at Parkview Baptist Church in Baldwyn with Bro. John Cagle and Bro. Dean Warren officiating. Interment was in the Friendship Cemetery. Waters Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Cindy Wilson (Jimmy) of Baldwyn; three sons, James H. Rodgers Jr. (Christy) of Ecru, and Steven Earl Rodgers (Becky) and Gregory Dale Rodgers (Tammy), both of Baldwyn; grandchildren, Tony Hudson (Amber), Tim Hudson (Renee), Mike Hudson, Chris Hudson (April), James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, LeAnne Edington (Stephen), Amy LaVanway (Josh), Anna Mayo (Bradley), Christy Hendrix, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers; stepgrandchildren, Stephanie Cook, Jodie Lyons, Leigh Lyons and Anthony Patterson; great-grandchildren, Alex Hudson, Abby Hudson, Emily Hudson, Makayla Pruitt, J.T. Hudson, Addie Grace Hudson, Charleigh Lyons, Andie Lyons, Drew Dillard, Austin Roberts, Kaden Edington, Eli Edington, Angelea Edington, Colt LaVanway and Kalie Mayo; two brothers, James Williamson (Evie Lou) of Mooreville and Dean Bradley (Nettie) of Jonesboro, Ark.; a special cousin like a sister, Evelyn Williams (Eugene) of Baldwyn; in-laws, Harold Rodgers (Joann), Donald Rodgers (Sue), Betty Sue Vick (Hubert), Peggy Miller (Danny) Faye Ricks (John) and Louise Hardy (Junior); a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James H. Rodgers Sr.; her parents, Audie E. and Modene Roper Bradley; her stepmother, Oriel Bradley; a daughter-in-law, Wanda Rodgers; and a stepgranddaughter, Sylvia Patterson.
Pallbearers were Tony Hudson, Tim Hudson, Chris Hudson, Mike Hudson, James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers.
Honorary pallbearers were Anthony Patterson, Cecil Williams and Wesley Williams.
The body lay in state at Parkview Baptist Church until service time Wednesday.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday