Shirley Rodgers, 71
Shirley Rodgers, 71, of Baldwyn, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at her home. She was a homemaker and a member of Parkview Baptist Church. She enjoyed flowers, gardening, and playing with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Services were at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at Parkview Baptist Church in Baldwyn with Bro. John Cagle and Bro. Dean Warren officiating. Interment was in the Friendship Cemetery. Waters Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Cindy Wilson (Jimmy) of Baldwyn; three sons, James H. Rodgers Jr. (Christy) of Ecru, and Steven Earl Rodgers (Becky) and Gregory Dale Rodgers (Tammy), both of Baldwyn; grandchildren, Tony Hudson (Amber), Tim Hudson (Renee), Mike Hudson, Chris Hudson (April), James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, LeAnne Edington (Stephen), Amy LaVanway (Josh), Anna Mayo (Bradley), Christy Hendrix, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers; stepgrandchildren, Stephanie Cook, Jodie Lyons, Leigh Lyons and Anthony Patterson; great-grandchildren, Alex Hudson, Abby Hudson, Emily Hudson, Makayla Pruitt, J.T. Hudson, Addie Grace Hudson, Charleigh Lyons, Andie Lyons, Drew Dillard, Austin Roberts, Kaden Edington, Eli Edington, Angelea Edington, Colt LaVanway and Kalie Mayo; two brothers, James Williamson (Evie Lou) of Mooreville and Dean Bradley (Nettie) of Jonesboro, Ark.; a special cousin like a sister, Evelyn Williams (Eugene) of Baldwyn; in-laws, Harold Rodgers (Joann), Donald Rodgers (Sue), Betty Sue Vick (Hubert), Peggy Miller (Danny) Faye Ricks (John) and Louise Hardy (Junior); a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James H. Rodgers Sr.; her parents, Audie E. and Modene Roper Bradley; her stepmother, Oriel Bradley; a daughter-in-law, Wanda Rodgers; and a stepgranddaughter, Sylvia Patterson.
Pallbearers were Tony Hudson, Tim Hudson, Chris Hudson, Mike Hudson, James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers.
Honorary pallbearers were Anthony Patterson, Cecil Williams and Wesley Williams.
The body lay in state at Parkview Baptist Church until service time Wednesday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...