Shirley Rodgers, 71
Shirley Rodgers, 71, of Baldwyn, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at her home. She was a homemaker and a member of Parkview Baptist Church. She enjoyed flowers, gardening, and playing with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Services were at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at Parkview Baptist Church in Baldwyn with Bro. John Cagle and Bro. Dean Warren officiating. Interment was in the Friendship Cemetery. Waters Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Cindy Wilson (Jimmy) of Baldwyn; three sons, James H. Rodgers Jr. (Christy) of Ecru, and Steven Earl Rodgers (Becky) and Gregory Dale Rodgers (Tammy), both of Baldwyn; grandchildren, Tony Hudson (Amber), Tim Hudson (Renee), Mike Hudson, Chris Hudson (April), James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, LeAnne Edington (Stephen), Amy LaVanway (Josh), Anna Mayo (Bradley), Christy Hendrix, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers; stepgrandchildren, Stephanie Cook, Jodie Lyons, Leigh Lyons and Anthony Patterson; great-grandchildren, Alex Hudson, Abby Hudson, Emily Hudson, Makayla Pruitt, J.T. Hudson, Addie Grace Hudson, Charleigh Lyons, Andie Lyons, Drew Dillard, Austin Roberts, Kaden Edington, Eli Edington, Angelea Edington, Colt LaVanway and Kalie Mayo; two brothers, James Williamson (Evie Lou) of Mooreville and Dean Bradley (Nettie) of Jonesboro, Ark.; a special cousin like a sister, Evelyn Williams (Eugene) of Baldwyn; in-laws, Harold Rodgers (Joann), Donald Rodgers (Sue), Betty Sue Vick (Hubert), Peggy Miller (Danny) Faye Ricks (John) and Louise Hardy (Junior); a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James H. Rodgers Sr.; her parents, Audie E. and Modene Roper Bradley; her stepmother, Oriel Bradley; a daughter-in-law, Wanda Rodgers; and a stepgranddaughter, Sylvia Patterson.
Pallbearers were Tony Hudson, Tim Hudson, Chris Hudson, Mike Hudson, James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers.
Honorary pallbearers were Anthony Patterson, Cecil Williams and Wesley Williams.
The body lay in state at Parkview Baptist Church until service time Wednesday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...