Shirley Rodgers, 71
Shirley Rodgers, 71, of Baldwyn, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at her home. She was a homemaker and a member of Parkview Baptist Church. She enjoyed flowers, gardening, and playing with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Services were at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at Parkview Baptist Church in Baldwyn with Bro. John Cagle and Bro. Dean Warren officiating. Interment was in the Friendship Cemetery. Waters Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Cindy Wilson (Jimmy) of Baldwyn; three sons, James H. Rodgers Jr. (Christy) of Ecru, and Steven Earl Rodgers (Becky) and Gregory Dale Rodgers (Tammy), both of Baldwyn; grandchildren, Tony Hudson (Amber), Tim Hudson (Renee), Mike Hudson, Chris Hudson (April), James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, LeAnne Edington (Stephen), Amy LaVanway (Josh), Anna Mayo (Bradley), Christy Hendrix, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers; stepgrandchildren, Stephanie Cook, Jodie Lyons, Leigh Lyons and Anthony Patterson; great-grandchildren, Alex Hudson, Abby Hudson, Emily Hudson, Makayla Pruitt, J.T. Hudson, Addie Grace Hudson, Charleigh Lyons, Andie Lyons, Drew Dillard, Austin Roberts, Kaden Edington, Eli Edington, Angelea Edington, Colt LaVanway and Kalie Mayo; two brothers, James Williamson (Evie Lou) of Mooreville and Dean Bradley (Nettie) of Jonesboro, Ark.; a special cousin like a sister, Evelyn Williams (Eugene) of Baldwyn; in-laws, Harold Rodgers (Joann), Donald Rodgers (Sue), Betty Sue Vick (Hubert), Peggy Miller (Danny) Faye Ricks (John) and Louise Hardy (Junior); a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James H. Rodgers Sr.; her parents, Audie E. and Modene Roper Bradley; her stepmother, Oriel Bradley; a daughter-in-law, Wanda Rodgers; and a stepgranddaughter, Sylvia Patterson.
Pallbearers were Tony Hudson, Tim Hudson, Chris Hudson, Mike Hudson, James H. Rodgers III, Joe Rodgers, Tyson Rodgers and Hunter Rodgers.
Honorary pallbearers were Anthony Patterson, Cecil Williams and Wesley Williams.
The body lay in state at Parkview Baptist Church until service time Wednesday.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series