Center Hill New 11/14/07
I was already at school on Monday morning before I remembered that I had not sent my news in on Sunday night. I apologize.
Monday, Nov. 5th, was Jolene Tutors birthday. Her family got together and put together a Surprise Birthday Party AND we pulled it off. I really do believe she was surprised!!! She got lots of nice, useful gifts. All we guests certainly did enjoy the food and fellowship. Several of her classmates from high school and college were there to help her celebrate. They were Wanda McGregor Holcomb, Brenda Joyce Herring McCreight, Dottie Shettles Cobb, Joe and Avis Brown. Dianne Coleman and she were roommates in college. Other friends, not from Center Hill, were Nicky and Iva Jo Bishop, Mabel Crawford, Ms. Mildred and Mr. Jim, and Patricia Davis. Most all the girls from her work had already partied all day, but they came for the surprise and partied again. If I left anyone out, please dont be mad at mejust remember its the Monday afterwards now and this happened last Monday.
Tuesday was Voting Day and a pretty long day for those of us helping at the Polls. We had a big turnout of voters at the Bethel/Endville Prescient. Congratulations to all the winners.
Two of our grandchildren, Autumn and Alex spent the night and went to church with us Wednesday night. The one and only reason I dont like cold weather is getting them up and out so early. Otherwise, this is my favorite season. I like cool weather and all the holidays, cooking and decorating. Just makes home smell and feel like home.
The Senior Adult Sunday School Class went to Shoneys Saturday morning for a breakfast feast. Everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship.
We will be out of school for the Thanksgiving Holidays the week of Nov. 19 23. Our church family will celebrate Thanksgiving after church services on November 18th. Everybody bring your favorite dishes and come count your blessings with us.
We went down to Enid this weekend. Cliff spent most of his time blowing and raking leaves. They were everywhere!!! Were trying to get ready to have some concrete poured down there while we are out for Thanksgiving Holidays.
The ladies of the church have a shopping trip planned for Friday, November 30th. Anyone that wants to go meet us at the church at 8:00 amthe bus will leave headed to Memphis shortly afterwards.
Vicki Brazil celebrated another birthday yesterday, November 13th. Happy Birthday Vic, we wish you many, many more.
One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very sexy nightie. Tie me up, she purred, and you can do anything you want! Sooooooooooo, he tied her up and went fishing.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...