Eastern Lights 11/30
On a dark, dreary day we sometimes think of blue Monday but, after the drought of the summer, it is truly a blessing. I am sure the good earth is rejoicing from the drink of good water.
We send sympathy to the family of Dean Armstrong and Ralph Milam, Sr. who were buried last week. Dean was a former school mate at Center, and Ralph was a good friend, and plumber of the late Lester Bell.
Many families enjoyed being together on Thanksgiving day. Robert and Jean Benefields guest were: David and Sandra Yarbrough; Dean, Sherry and Laken Hogue; Gale and Lisa Manning and Austin Holt; Jason, Shawna, Lauren, Braden and Connie Yarbrough.
Rickey, Tina, Hines and Samantha Wood and Cullen Stokes visited Hazel Hines.
Doyle and Karen Caviness of New Albany hosted the Hill family gathering. Those present were: Phil, Paige, Phillip and Audrey Anna Young; Harold and Brenda Hill; Lavon and Elaine Potter Hill William, Jeanette, Chris and Stephanie Bailey.
Joe and Jean Owen of Moscow, TN and Mike, Nichole and Marriean Williams of Collierville, TN visited Lavern and Chrysteen Ketchum.
Happy Birthday this week to Holley Cook, Crystal Whitehead, Tyler Camp, Luther Davis, Ryan Hall, Larry Ray, Josh Oswalt and Karly Hogue.
Congratulations to William and Dorothy Willis and Travis and Tracy Hodges Grose on their wedding anniversaries.
Mr. and Mrs. Phil Young and family enjoyed a few days in Nashville during the holidays.
Lavern and Chrysteen Ketchum visited his ninety year old day, Freddy Ketchum, at Ripley Monday. Mr. Ketchum has been blessed as he is still able to live alone.
Best wishes to Brenda Hill who is having outpatient surgery on her shoulder today. We trust this will give her some relief.
I realize there are some busy weeks ahead so I will go ahead and give you dates to mark on your calendar. December 5 – the Young At Heart will meet at the Pleasant Ridge Family Life Center at 10:30 A.M. Please bring a covered dish and join us. December 9 is the Childrens Musical. December 16 is the Adult Cantata. December 2 is Mission March for Lottie Moon Christmas offering. December 23 will be Church wide Christmas Dinner. Let us honor our ONE priority and make our plans accordingly.
I continue to get cards of condolence, and I thank all so much. Joyce, your card brought back so many nice memories!
Visitors of Dan, Sherry, Josh and Emily Richey Thanksgiving were: Donald and Charlotte Richey; Mack, Regina and Olivia Perch; P.J., Jessica and Pacey Kelly and Jacob McGregor; and Chad and Crystal Whitehead.
It was good having the Bell family as visitors at Pleasant Ridge Sunday. Rick and Jennifer Sanford Bell have been serving with Global Outreach in China for several years. They were on furlough in the States for over a year due to their infant daughters serious heart problems. Mary Beth is now doing well and they, along with their tow older boys, will be returning to China Thursday, November 29. keep this brave family in your prayers as they continue serving their Lord.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...