Ellistown News 11/30
The Lord is my Shepard; I shall not want. Hew maketh me lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his names sake, Psalm 23:1-3. What a powerful Psalm. I encourage you to get your Bible and finish reading it. And, as Christmas approaches we willsee Isaiah 9:6 on many cards, etc. Our Jesus is indeed called Wonderful, Counselor, The Might God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of peace. That tells us there will never be peace on this earth until the Prince of Peace comes to set up his kingdom.
We had a blessed day at church yesterday. We have a lot of people seriously ill who would really appreciate your prayers. Sid and Imogene Priest though their son, Ken, would be able to leave the hospital and spend Thanksgiving with them. However, that was not to be since he developed fever and the doctors were afraid to dismiss him just yet.
Bobby Clark came to church and through tears tried to thank the people for their goodness to them since his wife, Mary Alyce, ahs been taking radiation and chemo. Let us remember them.
If I understood correctly, Billy Clayton is to have surgery this week. We have many others on our prayer list at church.
It was good to see Paul Reed at church Sunday even though he came sporting a bandage that covered his right hand and a good bit of his arm.
Brandy Wigington, Donna Blythe and Drew Cook furnished special music for the three services last Sunday. Donna Blythe did a wonderful job for the 10:30 service and I know that Brandy and Drew did equally as well at the other two services. Next Sunday, December 2nd, there will not be an 8:30 A.m. service. After the 10:30 A.M. service will be our Holiday Meal.
Tehre will be a wedding shower from 2-4 P.M., Sunday, December 9th, in the Fellowship Hall for Andrew Denton and Jennifer Morris. They are two of our talented young people.
Our Adult Choir will be performing More Than A Manger Sunday, December 9th.
Happy Birthday to Nina McCraw (Hughs Mom) who has a birthday Sunday, December 2nd, and to Roger Reeder whose birthday is Tuesday, December 4th.
Dont forget our Senior Adult Christmas Meeting Thursday, December 6th, at 10:00 A.M. Bring a dish and join us. We are now working on special entertainment so do plan to come and bring a friend. If you have never attended one of our meetings, we invite you to join us.
I noticed lots of Christmas decorations going up over the past weekend. Patsy came home and put up my tree for me. Now I must get busy and decorate it. Until next time may God Bless.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...