New Albany native awarded BMC Scholarship
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Each year the Mississippi Baptist Convention’s Board of Ministerial Education awards six endowed scholarships to deserving ministerial students at Mississippi’s three Baptist colleges: Blue Mountain College (Blue Mountain), Mississippi College (Clinton), and William Carey University (Hattiesburg).
The 2007 recipient of the William Clawson Scholarship is Tim Bass, a Blue Mountain College senior Biblical Studies major from Tiplersville. The scholarship, established in 1987, was named for Clawson who served for many years as the William Carey University representative on the Board of Ministerial Education. Before joining the WCU faculty, Clawson was a career missionary to Honduras.
The 2007 recipient of the William Washburn Scholarship is Teddy James, Jr., a Blue Mountain College senior Biblical Studies and English major from New Albany. The scholarship was established in 2001 upon Washburn’s retirement as the academic dean at Blue Mountain College. Washburn, who served in this capacity for 35 years, also served as BMC’s campus representative on the Board of Ministerial Education for 16 years.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...