New Albany native awarded BMC Scholarship
BLUE MOUNTAIN — Each year the Mississippi Baptist Convention’s Board of Ministerial Education awards six endowed scholarships to deserving ministerial students at Mississippi’s three Baptist colleges: Blue Mountain College (Blue Mountain), Mississippi College (Clinton), and William Carey University (Hattiesburg).
The 2007 recipient of the William Clawson Scholarship is Tim Bass, a Blue Mountain College senior Biblical Studies major from Tiplersville. The scholarship, established in 1987, was named for Clawson who served for many years as the William Carey University representative on the Board of Ministerial Education. Before joining the WCU faculty, Clawson was a career missionary to Honduras.
The 2007 recipient of the William Washburn Scholarship is Teddy James, Jr., a Blue Mountain College senior Biblical Studies and English major from New Albany. The scholarship was established in 2001 upon Washburn’s retirement as the academic dean at Blue Mountain College. Washburn, who served in this capacity for 35 years, also served as BMC’s campus representative on the Board of Ministerial Education for 16 years.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...