South Corner News 11/30
We had a wonderful service Sunday. Bro. Jason preached from Genesis 22 Verses 1-14. And Leon Crumpton sang Thank You Lord, a song with a lot of meaning for this time of season. Sister Saving Ladies met at the fellowship hall and had a very nice meal with our husbands as guests on November 19. Our special speaker was Bro. Jason Pilcher and his wife, Valerie. She sang a beautiful song for us. Before the meeting, we had a special man there that was having a birthday. Mr. Winford Burks was 85 on November 25. We gave him a coat, gloves and a cake. He was one happy man.
Mens Brotherhood will be December 1 at the fellowship hall. Ladies dont forget this is our Christmas Breakfast. There will be a special speaker. Come out and help support this occasion. Please remember all of the forthcoming events and support them and your church by being there.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We were well and had way too much to eat as usual. We spent the afternoon with Mr. and Mrs. Malcolm Hill and their family. Their son and his family from Illinois; and daughter and granddaughter and their family from Tupelo. The men got a washer game going as usual and I think they froze out. It was a very nippy day.
Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Dixon were hosts to all of her siblings and their families on Thanksgiving Day. Mr. A.J. Jarvis has been a little under the weather the last couple of weeks. We hope he is feeling much better.
The Unionaires sang at Mt. Gilead for heir last singing of the year, had a wonderful meal and Reaching Out were the guest singers.
Till Next time!! May you have a blessed week.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...