South Corner News 11/30
We had a wonderful service Sunday. Bro. Jason preached from Genesis 22 Verses 1-14. And Leon Crumpton sang Thank You Lord, a song with a lot of meaning for this time of season. Sister Saving Ladies met at the fellowship hall and had a very nice meal with our husbands as guests on November 19. Our special speaker was Bro. Jason Pilcher and his wife, Valerie. She sang a beautiful song for us. Before the meeting, we had a special man there that was having a birthday. Mr. Winford Burks was 85 on November 25. We gave him a coat, gloves and a cake. He was one happy man.
Mens Brotherhood will be December 1 at the fellowship hall. Ladies dont forget this is our Christmas Breakfast. There will be a special speaker. Come out and help support this occasion. Please remember all of the forthcoming events and support them and your church by being there.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We were well and had way too much to eat as usual. We spent the afternoon with Mr. and Mrs. Malcolm Hill and their family. Their son and his family from Illinois; and daughter and granddaughter and their family from Tupelo. The men got a washer game going as usual and I think they froze out. It was a very nippy day.
Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Dixon were hosts to all of her siblings and their families on Thanksgiving Day. Mr. A.J. Jarvis has been a little under the weather the last couple of weeks. We hope he is feeling much better.
The Unionaires sang at Mt. Gilead for heir last singing of the year, had a wonderful meal and Reaching Out were the guest singers.
Till Next time!! May you have a blessed week.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...