A well-known lady from our community passed away last weekend. Elois Hattox age 92 died Saturday and graveside services were held Monday. Elois was a schoolteacher for many years and also a Sunday school teacher.
Happy birthday to Louise Mounce who turned 92 Saturday. She has always been active at Ecru Baptist Church where her deceased husband, Truett Mounce was the song director.
Flowers were placed in Ecru Baptists sanctuary Sunday in honor of Jesse and Cindy Corleys anniversary.
Ecru Baptist will host the community Christmas Service that is scheduled for Sunday, December 9 at 6:00 P.M. Brother Buster Wilson will be the speaker. Finger foods will be served after the service.
The Good-timers met on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at Ecru Baptist fellowship hall. The Home Extension presented the program on crafts.
The Ecru Baptist youth will be attending the Youth Evangelism Conference in Jackson December 27 thru December 28.
The North Pontotoc Chorus presented a Christmas concert on Friday, November 30th at 8:15 A.M. and 1:15 P.M. for the entire school. Under the direction of Jason Varnon the group accompanied by a combo sang many familiar Christmas songs.
Congratulations to the 2007-2008 Winter Color Guard. Those chosen are: Ashley Russell, Whitney Shaw, Siera Wages, Katie Welch, Donesha Alford, Quita Cayson, Davetta Alford, Mary Kathryn Coltharp, LeBraysia Wade and Treisha Gambrel.
Congratulations to Ashley White who was selected to represent North Pontotoc at the Hugh OBrian Youth Leadership Conference this summer.
Christmas holidays begin Wednesday, December 19 at 11:20 A.M. for North Pontotoc students. That is when the last of the exams will be completed. Students will return on Tuesday, January 8.
A blood drive is being held at N.A.H.S. Thursday, December 6. Students must be 17 years old to give blood.
Happy birthday to Tabatha Dearman who will celebrate Wednesday, December 12. Hope you have a good day!
Happy birthday to the former Tabatha Sudduth who will celebrate December 6. I dont remember her married name! It is terrible getting old!
Happy birthday to Matthew Moody. He will be 12 years old on Saturday, December 15, 2007. He is the son of Rodney and Gretchen Moody.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...