Center Hill New 12/12/07
Good Morning to everyone from Center Hill Community. We hope each of you got lots of your Christmas shopping done last week, everything wrapped, under the tree and are ready for Santa. HoHoHo!!!
My house is upside downwith no presents wrappedironing stacked, but laundry is done!!! Theres too many other fun things to do this time of year so lots of those dull, needed things get put on the back burnerbut guess whatSanta, nor his elves, like doing that stuff either, so its there stuck in your face, until you finally get around to doing it. I suppose this is my week to get all done.
I would like to first send our heartfelt sympathy to my first cousin, Helen Ruth Coker McCarver in the loss of her only son, Mike McCarver. Helen lost her husband Mac McCarver several years ago to a heart attack and now Mike at age 52. Its going to be a sad Christmas for she and her daughter, Vicki, but Helen has sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins that love her and will make her days easier for her. Helen, seek Gods healing spirit to help you through this difficult time. We lost my brother, Joe, around this time of year 25 years ago to the same heart disease. Its hard to give up a loved one, and especially this time of year. My heart hurts for all the mothers who have lost children this year. I cant imagine your pain, but I know One who can help ease your burden if only you will give it to Him.
Dollie came over Sunday afternoon and she and I drove to Mantachie where Mikes visitation was held. It started at 4pmwe were there shortly after that time and stood in line at least 30 minutes before Neva went in to ask if family could be allowed in and escorted us through. Visitation was held in the Mantachie Gym and the line was several yards outside the gym waiting to get in when we left a little after 5. He had been at Mantachie for 29 years and obviously well respected and loved by his students and faculty.
Our Sunday School Class had our Christmas party on Friday night at Jolenes. We had 30+ to attend and some delicious food. Bro. Stark (our teacher) said he peeled and creamed 15 pounds of potatoes and there were very few left over. Wonderful desserts were brought and dieting as I am, I went a wee bit over my points for the day!!!
The Young Adult Class also had their Christmas Party Saturday night at Anthony and Danica McCords home. They reported having as good a time as we did. Matt went to the party while Marty watched Autumn and Alex along with his two girls. I havent heard from Marty since Saturday nighthe may never recover!!! Matt said they were all still up playing when he went to pick them up at 10:30 pm or after.
We will be doing our annual fruit baskets on Wednesday night, December 19th at the Fellowship Building. We will start around 6 pm. On Sunday, December 23rd, our children will present their Christmas Play as the Adult Choir will sing Christmas Carols.
We will have lunch afterwards. If you dont have anywhere to attend, please come out and join our church for this event. I can guarantee we will be thrilled to have you.
The Hamblin Clan will have our Christmas gathering on Friday night, December 21st at our house. Theres so many of us with all the grands and great-grands now, its hard to keep up. Im sure everyone has been contacted, but just in case anyone wants to join us, please feel free to bring a dish and come on in!!! Well eat around 6:30 pm.
Parents, Monday and Tuesday, December 17th and 18th, will be testing days at school. School will dismiss both these days at 1:55 pm. Wednesday, unless your child has a test, there will be nothing going on. School will dismiss that day at 11:20 am.
Until next weekeveryone stay warm, well and happy. Remember, we always have time for the things we put first!
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...