Ingomar School News 12/12/07
I would like to begin by saying Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, because this will be my last article for 2007. This will be the last hustle and bustle week for Ingomar before Christmas. Many classes will study and review on Monday and Tuesday and exams will begin Wednesday, Dec. 12, for 1st period, 3rd period and 5th period classes. Thursday will be 2nd period, 4th period and 6th period exams. Friday will close out the week with 7th period exam and school will end at noon. Ingomar high school will have its last game before Christmas this Friday. It will be a home game against South Pontotoc.
On Tuesday, Dec. 11, students who sold at least 20 items in a previous fundraiser were rewarded and taken to see the movie Mr. Magoriums Magic Emporium. On this Wednesday, K-2nd grade will be going to see the movie also. This Friday, Ingomar will be hosting the Polar Express. Faculty and staff members will be dressed as a few characters from the story and they will read the book to students K-6th grade. The students will be served hot chocolate and will then watch the movie.
Ingomar SADD has been working hard this year and will continue to do so after Christmas. The 07-08 SADD officers are: President Kyle Heard; Vice President-Corey Hall; Secretary-Haley Taylor and Sam Webb; Treasurer-Chelsea Daniel; Reporter-Aston Portis; 10th grade Reps-Alana Jeter and Paige Weathers; 11th grade Reps-Shauna Grisham and Suzanne Hill; 12th grade Reps-Brittany Tanner and Jessica Vick. The 07-08 Junior High officers are: President-Tyler Jackson; Vice President-Tori Baldwin; Secretary-Bailey Littlejohn; Treasurer-Tanner McCollum; Reporter-Megan McDonald and Kristen Weeden; 7th grade Reps-Reid Little and Kate Webb; 8th grade Reps-Clara Beth Watson and Wesley Robbins; 9th grade Reps-Anna McCutchen and Seth Taylor. SADD has brought snacks to DARE graduation, worked with Mrs. Teresa Hester from the Union County Sheriffs office at Huddle House fingerprinting children and provided gift boxes to soldiers at the Walter Reed Hospital. The SADD sponsors behind it all are Miss Jennifer Drewery and Mrs. Melissa Reed.
I would also like to give a follow-up on Ingomars Homecoming festivities. The week was fun and successful and the Homecoming Courth looked great Friday night. The Homecoming King and Queen were Kagan Doom and Molly Speck. Ingomar gives a big thanks to Mrs. Roben Denton and Mrs. Jennifer Nance for all of their hard work that went into this.
Once again, I would like to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Ingomar. I hope everyone keeps Christ in Christmas throughout the holidays.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...