South Corner News 12/14/07
Christmas is around the corner and all I can think about is the Christmas past when the family was all together and we would have a few gifts to pass out and a lot of fruit, candy canes, and the food out was of this world, because it was all made from scratch. You didn’t get the finest of clothes, pc, cameras and so on, but you appreciated what you got because you knew your mom and dad worked so hard to get you these items with small wages and you would more than likely not get anything else till the next Christmas. But what it all amounted too was that big smile on their faces when they handed you the gift of love. I now return that gift to my mom whom is in the nursing home with a smile and I love you and she does the same back so, if you have elderly folks for Christmas- remember the Christmas past.
Neely had their Christmas dinner on Sunday, Dec. 9th. We had a wonderful service with the Dillard girls doing our special and Jason Pilcher delivering our message. We enjoyed Senior Citizen’s Day, Dec. 13th, with the Rev. Charlie Ransier as our speaker and Mr. Allan Hall from Mantatchie, doing out Christmas music.
The Christmas program will be Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Please come out and support this program.
The Sister Saving Meeting will be at Taylor’s Fish and Steak House on Dec. 18 at 6 p.m.
Get Well Wishes go out to Mr. Bodie Smitherman, Miss Mary Ann Nix, Mr. Lee Earl Gilliam, and Leverne and Mrs. Irene Carroll, Mrs. Ralph Owens, Nickey Owen, Laura Hogue and Ms. Brenda Carroll.
Til next time! May you have a blessed week.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday