NA aldermen discuss prospect of spray park
The New Albany Board of Aldermen once again raised the issue of constructing a spray park at the New Albany/Union County Sportsplex during its meeting Tuesday evening.
The board voted to once again advertise for bids on constructing a spray park. This time, however, the cost of pouring concrete for the park will not be included in the bids.
According to New Albany Mayor Tim Kent, the board wants to examine the possibility of finding a local business to pour the concrete, hoping that move will save the city a large sum of money on the project.
The reason the bids were so high was because the cost of pouring the concrete was added into the bids, said Kent. We think, though, that we will be able to find a local company to pour the concrete for a lower cost than we would have to advertise for.
According to New Albany Park and Rec
The spray park would be to the right of the park area at the intersection
It was proposed by Sam Creekmore
One of the aldermen opposed its placement there, stating that it should be on the other side HWY 78.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert