2008 Tallahatchie Riverfest draws
Union Countians who had the opportunity to make it downtown Friday and Saturday during the 2008 Tallahatchie Riverfest were met with more people than they could shake a stick at.
According to Union County Development Association Tourism Specialist Bethany Dalton, this year’s crowd was perhaps the largest ever to attend the annual event.
“We don’t have a specific count, but we do know that our vendors reported more sales than any previous years,” said Dalton. “Also, the police department reported that there were more attendants during the daytime hours than they had seen before.”
Attendants this year were able to participate in many of the annual events, including the Literary Fest held Friday at the Magnolia Civic Center, the Kidsfest and “Paint the Town” Saturday, as well as the BNA Bank’s Annual RiverRun, where a record number of participants were reported to have run this year.
Attendees were also treated to many local music acts, both Friday evening and Saturday. The headliner of the festival, Canadian country music band Emerson Drive, of course, drew a large crowd of adoring fans as well.
Patrons of the arts were also able to attend the one-act plays held Saturday by the Tallahatchie River Players. The drama troupe performed winning plays, “Strangers in the Night,” written by Evan Guilford-Blake of Stone Mountain, Ga., “Mama’s Little Soldier” by Dr. Carla C. Stanford of New Albany and “The Education of a Queen” by Paulina Dennis of Myrtle.
“Overall, it was another big success for New Albany and Union County,” Dalton said. “We just want to thank everyone who helped make this event the success that it was.”
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...