Myrtle comesback versus Falcons
Vardaman 77 West Union 60
Wesley Jumper scored 30 and Luke Wait added 10 as West Union dropped a 77-60 decision to the Vardaman Rams in the boys’ consolation game on Saturday. Sergio Prescott lead Vardaman with 29 points.
Home for the holidays
West Union fans will be able to get their fill of basketball action as the Lady Eagles and Eagles will be home for the remainder of the year with regions games against Strayhorn (Dec 15th), and country-rival Myrtle (Dec 19th) along with a non-region game with Hatley (Dec 12th) before taking off for the Christmas holidays.
East Union 63 Hamilton 61
Gareth Pannell and Martin Keaton led their respective teams with 22 points a piece, but it was East Union that came out on top versus the Lions 63-61 Friday night.
East Union held the advantage after the first frame with a 19-11 lead, but the Lions would return the favor in the second, outscoring the Urchins 19-12.
Hamilton took the lead in the third, but 20 points by East Union in the fourth pushed them back to .500 on the season.
Stepfan Sartori also had 21 for Hamilton, while Matthew Carter added 15 for the Urchins, who are now 6-6 on the year.
East Union will host Falkner Tuesday night before going on the road Friday to take on Baldwyn.
Myrtle 73 Ingomar 61
Ingomar looked to be on their way to a win over their county rival on the final day of the Myrtle Tournament, but a big second half propelled Myrtle, as they defeated Ingomar 73-61 Saturday night.
After the Falcons took an early 11-5 lead, Myrtle head coach Jonathan Ashley pulled all of his starters out of the game, making a statement that he knew his team could play better than they were.
A three pointer by David Wilson at the end of the first cut the deficit to 20-10 in favor of Ingomar, and the Falcons would continue to roll to a 40-29 halftime lead.
A different Myrtle team came out in the second half, as they scored 27 to take the lead, and outscoring the Falcons again in the fourth gave the Hawks their 10th win of the season.
J.J.Jordanled Myrtle with 23 points, while Jamel Judon added 18 and David Wilson 16. For the Falcons, Zach Carnell had 18, while Matt Purvis added 16 and Clay Kidd 13. Myrtle went 2-0 in their home tournament, while Ingomar was 0-2.
Myrtle will host Ashland on Tuesday before traveling to take on the 4A Chargers of Oxford on Friday. For the Falcons, they have a date set with Hickory Flat this Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...